The City of McGregor departments are listed below. Please make a selection to learn more about these departments. For more information please scroll to the bottom of the Department table. There you will find a list of Frequently Asked Questions.


Contact Name Phone E-mail


Rob Blanchard 254.848.5477



City Manager Kevin Evans

City Secretary / HR Angelia Sloan

Finance & Administration      
Director of Finance & Acct. Payable Carolyn Baker



Carolyn Baker


Administrative Assistant

Stacy Farrar



Sandy Blanchard

Community Development      

Building Official, Planning & Zoning

Mike Olson


Code Enforcement

Bryan Edds 254-840-2806

Employment Application

Maps & Ordinances      
Code of Ordinances      

Future Land Use Map *(PDF File)


Zoning Map*(PDF File)

Municipal Court Court Clerk


Parks & Recreation



Police Department

Steve Foster 254.840.2855
Municipal Services Drew Roberts 254.840.9058
Water Department Melvin Hill 254.840.9735
Rachael Arms Apartments Diedri Hicks 254.840.3688

Frequently Asked Questions:

1Q.      I am new to McGregor.  Where do I go to turn on my water, gas, electricity, and phone?

A.        Water, Sewer, and Refuse services are provided by the City of McGregor, located at 302 S. Madison St., McGregor, TX 76657 (254) 840-2806.  To see a list of available providers of gas, electricity, and phone CLICK HERE

2Q.      I have tree limbs and brush I need to remove.  Does the City of McGregor have a place to dispose of this type of stuff?

A.        Yes. The City has a way of disposing of tree limbs and brush.  One way is to sign up for the service with your water service.  Another way is to schedule the chipper crew to come to you at an hourly rate. 

3Q.      Where do I go to pay a Traffic Ticket?

A.        All traffic fines are paid at Municipal Court located at City Hall 302 S. Madison St., McGregor, TX 76657 (254) 840-2806

4Q.      Can I pay my Traffic Ticket online?

A.        Not at this time. We are working on making this option available.  Check back often.

5Q.      Can I pay my Traffic Ticket with a credit/debit cards?

A.        Yes.  Call or come by city hall to arrange payment. (254) 840-2806 ext 4

6Q.      I want to do work on my home, when do I need a permit?

A.        Permits are not required for basic repairs. 
Basic repairs are things like; painting, carpet or tile work, faucet replacement, adding or changing a ceiling fan or light.

Some examples of when a permit is required are: structural changes, work on exterior walls, replacement of an exterior door, additions to or subtractions from the electrical system, replacement of windows, any roof work covering more than 100 square feet (1 square)

This is not an inclusive list.  If you are not sure if you need a permit please contact City of McGregor building department for assistance at (254) 840-2806 ext 6

7Q.      Who do I notify about a pothole?

A.        Our Municipal Services Department. Please see the department list above and click on Municipal Services. Here you will find a Repair Form you can submit online.

8Q.      What is the schedule change during a Holiday for trash pickup?

A.        Holiday schedules are simple to deal with.  If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday there will be no change in service.  Otherwise your service will run one day late.

9Q.    I want to recycle.  Does the City of McGregor have a recycling program?

A.        Yes.  The City of McGregor has a recycling program, every Wed from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Recycling is closed during the noon lunch hour. Located on W. 3rd just past the City Barn.  Please Check Here for a list of recyclable items.

10Q.                Do I have to pay my Traffic Ticket fine all at one time?

A.        It is to your advantage to take care of this issue as soon as possible.  If you need to make arrangements for payment please contact Municipal Court at 254-840-2806 ext 4

11Q.    I have a water leak. Who do I call?

A.        If the leak is inside or under your home, you will need to call a plumber.  If you believe the leak is on the city’s side of your water meter then you should contact the City of McGregor, water department at (254) 840-2806 2.  (8 am- 5 pm) After hours please contact the Police Department at (254) 840-2855.

12Q.                I can’t pay my water bill in full.  Is there a way to pay it over time?

A.        No.  State law does not allow us to extend credit.  You must pay your bill in full or service will be discontinued until the outstanding bill and any penalties is taken care of in full.

13Q.                Can I take a defensive driving course to settle a traffic ticket?

A.        If you have a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) or you were traveling 25 mph or greater over the posted speed limit, you will not be eligible to take the defensive driving course. 
If you need further information please contact Municipal Court at (254) 840-2806 ext 4

**In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, or call 800.795.3272 (voice) or 202.720.6382 (TTY).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

De acuerdo a lo establecido por las leyes Federales y el Departamento de Agricultura de los EE.UU. (USDA, siglas en ingles), se prohibe a este organismo la discrininacion por raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad, o impedimentos de las personas. (No todos las bases de prohibicion se aplican a todos los programas.)

Para presentar una queja sobre discriminacion, escriba a USDA, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, o llame al 800.795.3272 (voice) o 202.720.6382 (TTY).

USDA es un proveedor y empleador que ofrece oportunidad iqual a todos.


* Some items (marked PDF Files) require Adobe Reader to open them. To install this free software, click on the "Get Adobe Reader" image at left.
McGregor's City officials are accessible!
If you have questions about services, suggestions for improvements or other concerns, please call. Some matters may best be addressed by our City Council whose meetings are also open to the public.

Home | Mayor & City Council | Calendar & News | Parks & Recreation
Economic Development | Chamber of Commerce | City Departments

  Copyright ゥ 2002 The City of McGregor, Texas. All rights reserved.
302 S. Madison, McGregor, Texas 76657
(254) 840-2806

Website Design and Construction by Pollei DesignWorks, The Cowley Group and Meghan Mullens.